I-15 Ramp Closure to Aid Safety in Construction Zone
A Bluff Street Southbound I-15 Entrance Ramp closure will ease merging to the new bridge.
ST. GEORGE, UTAH (July 3, 2017) – Beginning Tuesday, July 11, 2017, traffic on I-15 will be shifted to the center lanes of a new bridge over the Virgin River between Brigham Road (Exit 4) and Dixie Drive (Exit 5) while workers dismantle and reconstruct remaining portions of the old bridge and outside lanes.
In order to help drivers safely navigate this new traffic pattern, UDOT, working with St. George City and the contractor, will close the I-15 southbound entrance ramp at Bluff Street.
Drivers intending to travel southbound on I-15 from the Bluff Street Interchange will be detoured to 270 East and can then enter southbound I-15 from the Dixie Drive ramp. Construction workers will restripe the Dixie Drive entrance ramp with temporary paint. All entrance ramps for northbound traffic will remain open. (See attached map.)
Drivers should anticipate lane restrictions on I-15 the evenings of July 9, 10, and 11 while construction crews set up the new traffic pattern.
Currently, three southbound movements of traffic converge over the Virgin River: Mainline I-15 traffic, vehicles using the Bluff Street entrance ramp and motorists using the Dixie Drive entrance ramp. Closing the southbound entrance at Bluff Street will eliminate one of these merges to provide a safer transition for all southbound traffic.
The I-15 Milepost 4-5 and Virgin River Bridges project includes widening I-15 between exits 4 and 5 with construction of one auxiliary lane in each direction.
- Southern Utah Write Out Camp Helps Develop Personal Connections - July 15, 2017
- Incredibles 2 Finally Hits Theaters on June 15, 2018 - July 14, 2017
- Las Vegas Parking Charges Continue to Change - July 14, 2017
- Ellis Shadrach Barlow - July 11, 2017
- J Stanford Staheli - July 10, 2017
- Tesla Releases Model 3 Images Early - July 10, 2017
- Spider-man: Homecoming Tops Box Office - July 9, 2017
- Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Finished Filming - July 9, 2017
- YouCaring Donation Set for Barlow Family - July 9, 2017
- Enterprise Students Bring Medals Home From FCCLA Nationals - July 9, 2017
- Southern Utah Write Out Camp Helps Develop Personal Connections
- Incredibles 2 Finally Hits Theaters on June 15, 2018
- Las Vegas Parking Charges Continue to Change
- Ellis Shadrach Barlow
- J Stanford Staheli
- Tesla Releases Model 3 Images Early