I-15 Ramp Closure to Aid Safety in Construction Zone
A Bluff Street Southbound I-15 Entrance Ramp closure will ease merging to the new bridge.
ST. GEORGE, UTAH (July 3, 2017) – Beginning Tuesday, July 11, 2017, traffic on I-15 will be shifted to the center lanes of a new bridge over the Virgin River between Brigham Road (Exit 4) and Dixie Drive (Exit 5) while workers dismantle and reconstruct remaining portions of the old bridge and outside lanes.
In order to help drivers safely navigate this new traffic pattern, UDOT, working with St. George City and the contractor, will close the I-15 southbound entrance ramp at Bluff Street.
Drivers intending to travel southbound on I-15 from the Bluff Street Interchange will be detoured to 270 East and can then enter southbound I-15 from the Dixie Drive ramp. Construction workers will restripe the Dixie Drive entrance ramp with temporary paint. All entrance ramps for northbound traffic will remain open. (See attached map.)
Drivers should anticipate lane restrictions on I-15 the evenings of July 9, 10, and 11 while construction crews set up the new traffic pattern.
Currently, three southbound movements of traffic converge over the Virgin River: Mainline I-15 traffic, vehicles using the Bluff Street entrance ramp and motorists using the Dixie Drive entrance ramp. Closing the southbound entrance at Bluff Street will eliminate one of these merges to provide a safer transition for all southbound traffic.
The I-15 Milepost 4-5 and Virgin River Bridges project includes widening I-15 between exits 4 and 5 with construction of one auxiliary lane in each direction.
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- Fire Restrictions Implemented in Southwest Utah - August 7, 2017
- High school football: Enterprise Wolves 2017 preview - August 6, 2017
- Prepare For The Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - August 6, 2017
- 7th Annual Veyo Rodeo August 4th-5th - July 30, 2017
- Enterprise City Park Community Building Taking Shape - July 30, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award
- Fire Restrictions Implemented in Southwest Utah