Arizona Teen Becca Longo Makes History Signing a Letter of Intent to Play NCAA Football
Becca Longo is a senior at Basha High School in Chandler Arizona, and the first woman to ever sign a letter of intent to play NCAA football on scholarship at the Division II level. Longo is taking her talents to Adams State in Colorado in both football and basketball.
Longo is not the first female kicker to make it on a college football team, but she is the first to earn a scholarship in Division I or II.
Katie Hnida was a walk-on kicker at the University of Colorado but then transferred to New Mexico where she played for three seasons where she became the first female athlete to score in a game.
Longo kicked for the Basha Bears for two seasons, making 35 of 38 extra-point attempts during the 2016 season with a 30-yard career long field goal. Longo has kicks upward to 42 yards in practice, which gives her the ability to compete for the starting position.
Adams State is coming off a 2-8 season with head coach Timm Rosenbachby. Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback who started all 16 games in 1990 when the team was still the Phoenix Cardinals.Rosenbachly has been the head coach since 2014.
Photo: Griffins Event Services, Becca Long
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban - June 24, 2017
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated - June 18, 2017
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire - June 18, 2017
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses - June 17, 2017
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley - June 10, 2017
- 3 Candidates File For Enterprise Mayor; 3 Candidates for City Council - June 10, 2017
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Used Dragon Cargo Ship in Historic First - June 5, 2017
- Tour New Provo Missionary Training Center Expansion - June 4, 2017
- State High School Rodeo Finals Are In: Miller and Flanigan State Champions - June 4, 2017
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Weekend Hits $100.5M - June 4, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Lost Trap
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley