Brian Head Fire Jumps to 65% Contained
On Friday morning the Brian Head Fire had a containment of 20% and had burned a total of 59,956 acres. Then over night the containment jumped to 60% and just over 60,000 acres. This big jump has been because of the 1,800 firefighters that continue to battle the blaze.
It has been 14 days since the human caused fire began and highway 143 that has been closed since the fire began is now open from Panguitch to Parowan. U.S. Forest Service report about opening the highway, “the biggest concern is keeping people out of the fire perimeter and impeding firefighting efforts.”
Evacuation orders have also been lifted for Brian Head and Dry Lake areas including Rainbow Meadows, Ireland Meadows and Meadow Lake. Dixie National Forest has been reopened north of Hwy 14. Disperse (Dry) camping and all OHV trails can once again be used by all. View daily update, forest closure orders, and details on Inciweb: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5253/
The #BrianHeadFire is still very much active. The fire is expected to spread towards the northeast. Fire crews will continue to put down fire breaks and back fires in efforts to contain the fire. In other areas, crews will be doing mop ups of hot spots and reinforce areas already contained.
Temperatures will be in the 70s with dry conditions and humidity between 10 and 16%. A warming trend will begin Monday and continue through the week as high pressure strengthens over the southwest. Some afternoon showers and thunderstorms may develop.
- Southern Utah Write Out Camp Helps Develop Personal Connections - July 15, 2017
- Incredibles 2 Finally Hits Theaters on June 15, 2018 - July 14, 2017
- Las Vegas Parking Charges Continue to Change - July 14, 2017
- Ellis Shadrach Barlow - July 11, 2017
- J Stanford Staheli - July 10, 2017
- Tesla Releases Model 3 Images Early - July 10, 2017
- Spider-man: Homecoming Tops Box Office - July 9, 2017
- Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Finished Filming - July 9, 2017
- YouCaring Donation Set for Barlow Family - July 9, 2017
- Enterprise Students Bring Medals Home From FCCLA Nationals - July 9, 2017
- Southern Utah Write Out Camp Helps Develop Personal Connections
- Incredibles 2 Finally Hits Theaters on June 15, 2018
- Las Vegas Parking Charges Continue to Change
- Ellis Shadrach Barlow
- J Stanford Staheli
- Tesla Releases Model 3 Images Early