Chief Moody Shares Two Simple Ways to Protect Your Home From Fire in the Cold Months
We are deep into the cold winter months and that also means the risk of house fires increase. Half of all home heating fires occur from December – February. Fire Chief, Brenden Moody of Enterprise City reminds us about fire danger in our home. Next to kitchen fires, heating sources in our homes are the second leading cause of home fire deaths.
Cheif Moody said, “I would encourage you to take precautions when using heating sources such as electric blankets, space heaters, wood stoves, and fireplaces.”
Two simple commonly overlooked safety steps that can make a difference in case of a fire.
First, check your existing smoke alarms.
Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. Check monthly that smoke alarms are working properly by pushing the test button. Replace batteries in smoke alarms every six months and remember to replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
Second, have an escape plan and practice it. When following simple plans lives can be saved.
Planning for fire emergencies is important. Make sure all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and set up a meeting place outside your home in case of a fire. Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year and at different times of the day. Teach all household members to stop, drop, and roll if their clothing should catch on fire.
A small amount of prevention each year can go a long way and make a difference in your life as well as the life of a loved one.
- 90TH COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES LIVE: ENTERPRISE HIGH SCHOOL - May 23, 2017
- Amazon Is Hiring 5000 Work-From-Home Employees - May 22, 2017
- 19 dead, 50 injured after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena: Police - May 22, 2017
- Zeb Jones Wins 2A Home Run Derby and North Wins 2A All-Star Game - May 22, 2017
- 2,012 rescued on the Mediterranean - May 22, 2017
- Drake Wins Big at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards In Las Vegas - May 22, 2017
- Dixie State University to host open house at Hurricane Education Center - May 21, 2017
- Enterprise High Comes Away Winners at State Track and Field - May 21, 2017
- Pioneer Day Fun Run 2017 Registration is Open - May 18, 2017
- Miss Enterprise Pageant 2017, May 26th - May 18, 2017
- 90TH COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES LIVE: ENTERPRISE HIGH SCHOOL
- Amazon Is Hiring 5000 Work-From-Home Employees
- 19 dead, 50 injured after reports of explosion at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena: Police
- Zeb Jones Wins 2A Home Run Derby and North Wins 2A All-Star Game
- 2,012 rescued on the Mediterranean
- Drake Wins Big at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards In Las Vegas