Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
Brian Head, Utah – Firefighters from local, state and federal agencies are working diligently to suppress to Brian Head Fire, located near the town of Brian Head, Utah. Firefighter’s first priority is public and firefighter safety. They are working to protect structures and homes in the area. The town of Brian Head is under evacuation orders. 750 people have been evacuated so far. Highway 143 is closed from Second Left Hand Canyon to the junction of Highway 148 near Cedar Breaks National Monument.
The fire has been determined to be human caused but remains under investigation. One home has been destroyed and one home damaged. Multiple homes are still threatened as well as a critical watershed.
The fire is continuing to show active behavior, including crowing, spotting and torching. Helicopters and planes are dropping fire retardant near the fire perimeter to slow the progression of the fire. record challenging heat is expected in the coming days and will continue to challenge suppression efforts.
The fire is being managed by a Color Country Type 3 Incident Management Team. 115 personnel are assigned to the fire including engines from multiple agencies. (Air Attack) 1 Type 111 Helicopters, 4 Type 1 Air Tankers, 1 VLAT (Very Large Air Tanker), 6 SEAT planes (Single Engine Air Tanker), and multiple overhead. A Great Basin Type 2 Team is on order and expected tomorrow evening or Many morning.
The incident management team is deploying firefighters where they can work safely and be most effective in suppressing the fire and protecting the community.
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.uthafireinfo.gov
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor