Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
Brian Head, Utah – Firefighters from local, state and federal agencies are working diligently to suppress to Brian Head Fire, located near the town of Brian Head, Utah. Firefighter’s first priority is public and firefighter safety. They are working to protect structures and homes in the area. The town of Brian Head is under evacuation orders. 750 people have been evacuated so far. Highway 143 is closed from Second Left Hand Canyon to the junction of Highway 148 near Cedar Breaks National Monument.
The fire has been determined to be human caused but remains under investigation. One home has been destroyed and one home damaged. Multiple homes are still threatened as well as a critical watershed.
The fire is continuing to show active behavior, including crowing, spotting and torching. Helicopters and planes are dropping fire retardant near the fire perimeter to slow the progression of the fire. record challenging heat is expected in the coming days and will continue to challenge suppression efforts.
The fire is being managed by a Color Country Type 3 Incident Management Team. 115 personnel are assigned to the fire including engines from multiple agencies. (Air Attack) 1 Type 111 Helicopters, 4 Type 1 Air Tankers, 1 VLAT (Very Large Air Tanker), 6 SEAT planes (Single Engine Air Tanker), and multiple overhead. A Great Basin Type 2 Team is on order and expected tomorrow evening or Many morning.
The incident management team is deploying firefighters where they can work safely and be most effective in suppressing the fire and protecting the community.
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.uthafireinfo.gov
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban - June 24, 2017
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated - June 18, 2017
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire - June 18, 2017
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses - June 17, 2017
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley - June 10, 2017
- 3 Candidates File For Enterprise Mayor; 3 Candidates for City Council - June 10, 2017
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Used Dragon Cargo Ship in Historic First - June 5, 2017
- Tour New Provo Missionary Training Center Expansion - June 4, 2017
- State High School Rodeo Finals Are In: Miller and Flanigan State Champions - June 4, 2017
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Weekend Hits $100.5M - June 4, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Lost Trap
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley