Dixie National Forest – Saddle Fire Update
PINE VALLEY, Utah – The Saddle fire is 2,296 acres and 52 percent contained.
The Saddle Fire continues to show moderate fire behavior with isolated torching, backing, and creeping. A warm, dry air mass has moved over the fire with no moisture in the forecast for this upcoming week. There will be smoke in the area from fire activity within fire control lines south of Lloyd’s Canyon. Smoke will remain visible for several days.
Crews are continuing to mop up and will extinguish hot spots along accessible areas of the fire perimeter. Aircraft continues to keep the fire in accessible areas checked using fire retardant. Personnel continue to assess the need for structure protection in the community of Pine Valley. Fire personnel will remain in the area as they continue to monitor and strengthen control lines.
Residents and visitors coming to the area are asked to monitor fire activity, and use caution around working fire resources. A temporary flight restriction (TFR) is in place over the fire area. Non-agency aircraft is restricted from the fire area for safety of firefighting activities. This includes Unmanned Aircraft Systems or drones. Under Utah Code 65A-3-2.5, it is illegal to fly drones in the state of Utah over a wildfire. Under U.S. Code of Federal Regulations 43 CFR 9212.1(f), it is a federal violation to interfere with firefighting efforts.
We encourage the public to learn about Unmanned Aircraft System regulations and safe use of drones by visiting www.knowbeforeyoufly.org. If you fly, we can’t. There are 196 personnel assigned. Resources include hand crews, fire engines, heavy equipment and aircraft.
Utah lawmakers considering allowing law enforcement to shoot down drones that interfere with emergency workers, but they backed away from the idea, and instead, officials are expected to use technology that jams signals to crash drones.
For further information please follow the Dixie National Forest on Facebook, Twitter, and InciWeb at http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4794/.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor