Dixie State University Dance Company to present Spring Dance Concert April 6-8
The Dixie State University Dance Company performs a piece as part of its dance concert. The company’s 2017 Spring Dance Concert will be held April 6-8 on the Dixie State campus. PC: Dixie State University
ST. GEORGE, Utah — The Dixie State University Dance Company will hold its annual Spring Dance Concert to showcase DSU students as they perform an array of dance styles and techniques.
The St. George community will have three opportunities to attend the concert, which will be held on April 6, 7 and 8. The concert will begin at 7:30 each evening and will take place in the Eccles Fine Arts Center Mainstage Theatre on the Dixie State campus.
“Our dancers have been working diligently, and they are very excited to share their passion and love for dance with the community,” Dr. Li Lei, founder and artistic director of the Dixie State Dance Company, said. “Come experience various dance genres and enjoy an inspiring and exciting evening of dance.”
The 2017 Spring Dance Concert will feature 22 Dixie State students performing routines that demonstrate a variety of styles, including modern dance, ballet, jazz, tap, ballroom, hip-hop and world dance. Students who will perform at the concert are: Kylee Arnold, Jennifer Brown, Haleigh Caldwell, Dede Dixon, Steffi England, Amber Foster, Kaylyn Fulton, Erin Hakoda, Cora Hamer, Maysa Holyoak, Sam Keatley, McKensy Madsen, Montie Peterson, Sarah Ramaker, Riley Randall, Shaylie Russell, Colton Smith, Alivia Snow, Shellie Stirland, Cajun Syrett, O’Shann Williams and Mikel Young.
Haleigh Caldwell, a senior dance major from Riverside, California, has been a member of the DSU Dance Company for four years and said performing in the biannual concerts and watching the university add a bachelor’s degree in dance in 2015 have been pivotal to her education.
“It’s been amazing to be a part of the dance company and watch the dance program expand,” Caldwell said. “Events like the Spring Dance Concert help the program grow, and I’ve seen my love for dance grow with it.”
The concert is put on by Lei and Dixie State Dance Department faculty and staff members. Choreographers include Nicole Hadley, Kyudong Kwak, Heather Madison, Jenny Mair, Amy Randall, Kristen Thompson, Jamie Waters and Megan Young.
“As a dance choreographer, I’m grateful for the opportunity to work with a company of such talented and passionate dancers,” Waters said. “As a dance enthusiast, I’m grateful to see a show that encompasses such a variety of genres, ideas, and emotions. This is a concert you won’t want to miss.”
The Dixie State Dance Company was founded in September 2001 to provide DSU dance students an idealized opportunity to experience, train and refine the art of dance. The company has put on 29 formal dance concerts since its founding, preparing members to succeed in dance careers through rigorous rehearsals and these biannual performances. To learn more about Dixie State’s Dance Department, visit dance.dixie.edu.
Tickets for the Spring Dance Concert are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and youth, and $2 for students with a DSU student ID and are available at the Cox Performing Arts Center ticket office. To contact the ticket office, call 435-652-7800 or visit www.dsutix.com.
- THE COLLECTOR’S FORTRESS ARRIVES AT DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE - April 23, 2017
- Enterprise Wolves Win Back-And-Forth Affair Against Parowan - April 23, 2017
- Little Miss Pageant Winners - April 23, 2017
- Dixie State University honors City of St. George, individuals with community engagement awards - April 23, 2017
- Enterprise Jumps Out To Early Lead In Victory Over Parowan - April 21, 2017
- Enterprise Little League Opening Ceremony April 24th - April 19, 2017
- Dixie Forum to close semester with presentation on maritime law - April 19, 2017
- Laub Throws Shutout As Enterprise Wolves SB Varsity Defeats Kanab - April 18, 2017
- New Bicycle to change the Way You Ride “Half Bike” - April 18, 2017
- Enterprise Emergency Preparedness Fair May 6th - April 17, 2017
- THE COLLECTOR’S FORTRESS ARRIVES AT DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- Enterprise Wolves Win Back-And-Forth Affair Against Parowan
- Little Miss Pageant Winners
- Dixie State University honors City of St. George, individuals with community engagement awards
- Enterprise Jumps Out To Early Lead In Victory Over Parowan
- Enterprise Little League Opening Ceremony April 24th