Dixie State University hires newdirector of alumni relations
John Bowler has been selected as Dixie State University’s new director of alumni relations.
ST. GEORGE, Utah — After conducting an extensive open search, Dixie State University has selected John Bowler as the new director of alumni relations.
“John will have a tremendous impact on Dixie State University, our alumni and our community members as the new director of alumni relations,” Brad Last, Dixie State vice president of advancement, said. “John has great ideas, he radiates enthusiasm and he relates well to alumni of all ages.”
A Dixie College alumnus himself, Bowler has served as a development officer at Dixie State since 2015. While a student at Dixie College, Bowler served as the student body president and after graduating in 1985 stayed connected with the institution. Bowler was an active member of the DSU Alumni Association’s Arizona Chapter and served as president of the entity for many years. Additionally, he was a member of the DSU National Advisory Council for more than 15 years.
Prior to returning to Dixie, Bowler lived in Gilbert, Arizona, for 23 years, where he owned a marketing and consulting company that primarily served the healthcare industry.
Bowler is taking over for Kalynn Larson, who has served the institution’s alumni since 2003.
“Thanks to Kalynn’s hard work and commitment to Dixie, the alumni association is thriving and poised to do great things,” Bowler said. “It’s an honor and privilege to take over where she left off and these are big shoes to fill.”
The Dixie State University Alumni Association, which serves alumni and friends of Dixie, supports the progress of the university and development of present and past students and the community. Organized in 1920, the association preserves and promotes the Dixie Spirit and helps alumni stay engaged and involved with the university and its students.
The alumni association also includes the DSU Student Alumni Association, which is comprised of current Dixie State students who help their peers make the most of their experience at DSU through establishing life-long traditions, friendships and an affinity toward their university and its alumni throughout the community. Together, the associations honor Dixie State traditions and connect with the community by hosting many social events, such as Homecoming festivities and tailgate parties prior to home football games.
The associations also help alumni become lifelong learners and embrace the institution’s “active learning. active life.” motto through offering financial seminars, parenting classes and the means necessary to build other important life skills.
Featuring free membership, the association is comprised of more than 40,000 alumni who are blazing trails locally, nationally and globally. DSU Alumni Association chapters exist throughout the West and along the East Coast. Chapters help maintain alumni-university relationships, host lectures to promote a culture of lifelong learning and offer members opportunities to serve their communities.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor