Dixie State University to host open house at Hurricane Education Center
Dixie State University is hosting an open house at its Hurricane Education Center on May 25 to highlight the center’s expanded lineup of academic programs. Photos courtesy of Chris Gifford/Dixie State University
ST GEORGE, Utah — Dixie State University is hosting an open house at its recently remodeled Hurricane Education Center as a way for the community to meet the center’s new director and learn about the expanded lineup of academic programs.
The open house is set to take place from 2 to 6 p.m. on May 25 at the Hurricane Education Center, located at 112 S. 700 West in Hurricane. A short program will start at 5:30 p.m. The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
“We want to let the community know that we are here, we are part of this community and we want to work with and support the community partners we have both academically and professionally,” Chris Gifford, director of the Hurricane Education Center, said. “Dixie State University has made a sizeable investment in renovating and updating the center, which has shown me, and hopefully the community, that DSU values their partnership with the Hurricane Valley community and proudly stands with them.”
Offering certification programs such as Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST), Certified Nursing Assistant, EMT, A-EMT and Paramedic, the center makes it possible for students to complete entire programs without leaving the Hurricane Valley. Dixie State University general education courses in fine arts, physical and life sciences, computer information systems, math, history and political science are also available at the Hurricane Education Center.
Additionally, the center houses a full-service testing center that is open to both students and professionals for various tests, including the college placement test and proctored tests. Located walking distance from Hurricane High School, the center also offers concurrent enrollment options for high schoolers, helping students save time and money by offering courses that fulfill high school and college general requirements.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor