Dixie State University presents singer-songwriter Bernice Lewis in Dixie Forum
Bernice Lewis presents “The Anatomy & Physiology of a Song” at this week’s Dixie Forum. Photo courtesy of Liz Linder
ST GEORGE, Utah, March 29, 2017 — Dixie State University invites students and community members to Dixie Forum, a weekly lecture series, to hear from singer-songwriter Bernice Lewis.
Lewis’ presentation, titled, “The Anatomy & Physiology of a Song,” will be held in the Dunford Auditorium on DSU campus on April 4, from noon to 12:50 p.m., and will delve into song composition and components.
In her presentation, Lewis will deconstruct well-known songs, analyze components, storyline, use of poetic devices, chord structure and melody for the audience in explaining the methods of songwriting. She will also share how contemporary song has evolved historically. Her presentation includes information for musicians, would-be songwriters, and non-musicians alike.
Lewis has spent almost four decades composing and performing music and has developed a national fan base. She was a finalist for the prestigious New Folk Songwriting Contest in 1987 and has shared the stage with many renowned artists. She is also a founding member of The Ladies Auxiliary Ukulele Orchestra.
Aside from her work in songwriting and performing, Lewis is a published poet, producer, and educator. She teaches at Colorado College, Rock On Camp at Berkshire Community College along with a number of schools and retreat centers. She is also known for lecturing at junior and senior high school classrooms on her family’s emigration from Nazi Germany.
Dixie Forum is a weekly lecture series designed to introduce the St. George community and DSU students, faculty and staff to diverse ideas and personalities while widening their worldviews via a 50-minute presentation. Dixie Forum will continue at noon on Tuesday, April 11, in the Dunford Auditorium with a presentation from the American Association of University Women.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor