Dixie State University Theatre Department to present ‘The Miracle Worker’
Dixie State University Theatre Department’s production of “The Miracle Worker,” which will run Nov. 3-5 and 8-12, is attached.
ST GEORGE, Utah — The Dixie State University Theatre Department will stage “The Miracle Worker,” a William Gibson play that tells the inspiring story of Helen Keller and her teacher Anne Sullivan.
Directed by Michael D. Eaton, the “The Miracle Worker” will feature an all-student cast and will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3-5 and Nov. 8-12 in the Mainstage Theater of Dixie State’s Dolores Doré Eccles Fine Arts Center. Tickets are $1 for Dixie State students and $10 for general admission.
“Allowing me to direct this production and having now full-time faculty member Russ Saxton direct this year’s production of ‘Peter and the Star Catcher’ illustrates the commitment of the DSU Theatre Department to reach the community,” said Eaton, a longtime middle and high school teacher in Washington County, now an adjunct professor at DSU.
“The Miracle Worker,” a classic of American theatre, examines the volatile relationship between lonely teacher Anne Sullivan (played by Bethany Gudgell of Ogden) and her charge, blind and mute Helen Keller (played by Cassandra Smith of Mapleton).
Trapped in a secret, silent world and unable to communicate, Helen is violent, spoiled and treated by her family as almost subhuman. Only Anne realizes there is a mind and spirit waiting to be set free by the beauty of words.
After scenes of intense physical and emotional drama, Anne’s success with Helen finally comes with the utterance of a single, glorious word: water.
Tickets to “The Miracle Worker” can be purchased online at www.dsutix.com or at the box office on the evenings of the performances. For more information about Dixie State University’s Theatre Department and for this year’s complete performance schedule, visit theatre.dixie.edu.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor