Dixie State University’s Respiratory Therapy Program Honored
DSU’s Respiratory Therapy program has had a 100 percent pass rate for first-time National Board Exam takers for three consecutive years.
ST. GEORGE, Utah, June 29, 2016 — Dixie State University’s Respiratory Therapy program was recently awarded the Distinguished RRT Credentialing Success Award.
DSU was among a select group of programs to be honored with the award in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
Programs receiving this award must meet rigorous criteria, such as having at least 90 percent of students pass the National Board Exams at the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) level for three consecutive years. DSU’s program has surpassed this level, maintaining an astonishing 100 percent success rate for first-time test takers over the past three years.
“This award really says a lot about the success of our program,” Debbie Forbush, DSU Respiratory Therapy program director, said. “I’ve had students tell me the reason they chose Dixie State’s program was because they looked at our pass rates and felt confident they could pass their National Board Exams and be done.”
Dixie State offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in respiratory therapy and, through a partnership with Boise State University, students can complete 30 additional credit hours online to earn a bachelor’s degree.
For more information about Dixie State University’s Respiratory Therapy program, visit health.dixie.edu/respiratory-therapy.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor