Donors Help Enterprise Elementary Bring in Chrome Books
In the small town of Enterprise Utah we share a strong feeling of helping each other when called on. This was demonstrated last week when our local elementary needed help to raise money for ChromeBooks for our classrooms. We had three teachers write grants through Donors Choice for a total of 98 ChromeBooks. If the school had purchased them alone it would have cost about twenty-three thousand dollars. With the help of Donors Choice and many local businesses the school was able to purchase these ChromeBooks for only four thousand dollars.
DonorsChoice.org is a website that helps teachers raise money for their classrooms. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Horace Mann Insurance matched the grants we received this year, making it possible for us to get so much technology into our students’ hands. We would like to give special thanks to Horace Mann insurance that actually gave us a double match. I would also like to thank Carters Market, Enterprise Family Dental, Enterprise Family Clinic, Bob and Jared Holt, and the family members who donated so our school could obtain this technology for our students. Without all of our donors we could not have made our goal and would have missed out on this wonderful gift. Please support these local sponsors and thank them for all they do. So once again thank you for all your help in ensuring our students get a chance to work with new technology. That is why everyone loves to live in Enterprise Utah. There is nowhere quite like it.
-Principal Luke Rowley (Enterprise Elementary School) Enterprise, Utah
DonorsChoice.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America post classroom project requests on our site, and you can give any amount to the project that most inspires you.
When a project reaches its funding goal, we ship the materials to the school. You’ll get photos of the project taking place, a letter from the teacher, and insight into how every dollar was spent. Give over $50 and you’ll also receive hand-written thank-yous from the students.
Horace Mann is a national sponsor of DonorsChoose.org, a not-for-profit organization that connects donors with teachers who are looking for help funding classroom supplies, equipment and technology. As part of our sponsorship, many Horace Mann agents have become experts of DonorsChoose.org and donate to individual projects in the schools they serve. Contact your local Horace Mann insurance agent today to learn more.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is one of the largest private foundations in the world, founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. It was launched in 2000 and is said to be the largest transparently operated private foundation in the world.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor