Duo of classical pianists to perform in Dixie State University’s Steinway series
Duo Fortin-Poirier will bring its lively, explosive style to St. George when it performs the concert Vingt Doigts et un Piano (Twenty Fingers and a Piano) on April 15 on the Dixie State University campus.
ST. GEORGE, Utah — As part of its Celebrate Steinway campaign to become an All-Steinway School, the Dixie State University Department of Music will host Duo Fortin-Poirier, a pair of classical pianists.
Comprised of Amélie Fortin and Marie-Christine Poirier, Duo Fortin-Poirier will bring its concert Vingt Doigts et un Piano (Twenty Fingers and a Piano) to St. George. The concert, which highlights the duo’s lively, explosive style, is set to take place at 7:30 p.m. on April 15 in the Dolores Doré Eccles Fine Arts Center Concert Hall on the Dixie State University campus.
“These two extraordinary artists present a unique slice of the piano repertoire: one piano, four hands,” Dr. Jeffery Jarvis, dean of Dixie Sate’s College of the Arts, said. “This music is rarely performed, and these two Canadians are among the best in the world at performing this music. People will not want to miss the virtuosity of these two artists nor miss the delightful, interesting music.”
Known for their dynamism and ease on stage, Duo Fortin-Poirier’s performance will take concertgoers through popular and lesser known music, highlighting different interpretations of each work.
Fortin and Poirier graduated from the Université de Montréal with master’s degrees and specialized graduate diplomas. Since forming the group in 2005, the pianists have toured internationally, won first prize at many music competitions and festivals, and recently finished second at the Roma International Piano Competition.
“This event celebrates our newest Steinway acquisition, a 9-foot Steinway donated by Zions Bank last June,” Jarvis said. “All proceeds from the event will go to help Dixie State University purchase another Steinway piano. So, patrons get to enjoy a fantastic concert and support our All-Steinway efforts at the same time.”
Concert tickets are $15 and available through the DSU Box Office by calling 435-652-7800, visiting dsutix.com or stopping by the ticket office in the M.K. Cox Performing Arts Center on the Dixie State University campus.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor