EHS Baseball Continues to Show Resilience in Win
Enterprise, Utah – The Enterprise High School baseball team has already set their goal on heading back to the 2A Championship game, and if they keep playing like they did against Beaver they will have a solid chance of getting there.
The Enterprise Wolves took on The Beaver, Beavers at home. Having home field advantage is a plus for players because home team hits last, but they also know their surroundings best. Chandler Bowler, the Winning Pitcher for the Wolves, said about playing at home, “It’s familiar, and you know how the ball moves.” Brandell Shumway, who also shares time on the mound with Bowler, said about playing on their home field, “We have more fans to help support us and cheer us on, and that helps us get pumped up.” The Wolves needed all the help they could with this game as Beaver is a hometown rival to the Wolves.
Beaver jumped out to an early lead over the Wolves 2-0 in the first inning and played a good defensive game. The Wolves bounced back in the fourth inning scoring two runs to tie the game and held Beaver from scoring the rest of the game.
The game went into extra innings very similar to the Lady Wolves game that was also being played in extra innings on the field right behind them. In the bottom of the 8th inning, Quade Jones hit a double and then advanced to third and home on two wild pitches to give the Wolves the win 3-2. (Kayson Bundy and Quade Jones both doubled in the game)
Next game for the Wolves is on Tuesday, April 5th vs Milford at home.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor