Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit
Elon Musk shared the first picture of the SpaceX spacesuit on Instagram saying, “Worth noting that this actually works (not a mockup),” Musk wrote. “Already tested to double vacuum pressure. Was incredibly hard to balance esthetics and function. Easy to do either separately.”
SpaceX plans to send NASA astronauts to space and the suits are made for riding inside the company’s Dragon Capsule to the International Space Station. Boeing also has a new suit called the Starliner “Boeing Blue” spacesuit released earlier in the year to provide crew members with functionality, comfort and protection.
Chris Ferguson, Boeing director of Starliner Crew and Mission Systems and a former NASA astronaut said, “Spacesuits have come in different sizes and shapes and designs, and I think this fits the Boeing model, fits the Boeing vehicle.”
The Boeing’s Crew Space Transportation (CST)-100 Starliner spacecraft is being developed in collaboration with NASA’s Commercial Crew Program. The Starliner was designed to accommodate seven passengers, or a mix of crew and cargo, for missions to low-Earth orbit. For NASA service missions to the International Space Station, it will carry up to four NASA-sponsored crew members and time-critical scientific research.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes.
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices