Enterprise High Collecting for Soldier Care Packages
Enterprise, Utah – Enterprise High School wanted to make a difference this holiday season and help soldiers that are away from their families by creating Soldier Care Packages. Mrs. Micki Ericksen a teacher at Enterprise High is over the project and is eager to collect donations to help and use students to make this happen.
The school has also placed a donation box at the front offices allowing locals to bring items to donate. They are also accepting cash donations Ericksen says ” Money to help cover shipping costs and to purchase more supplies is much appreciated”. For those that are not living in Enterprise and would like to make a donation you can send money to the school for the Soldier Care package. (Address details below)
Here is a list of items they are looking to collect this year to help the soldiers.
Food and drink
• Powdered drink mix. Your service member will appreciate anything that can be mixed with water. In cold months, send hot beverage mixes such as cocoa, instant coffee, tea bags, and creamer. During warmer months, sweetened drink mixes such as lemonade and iced tea will be welcome.
• Meal enhancers. Anything that can be mixed with MREs (Meals Ready to Eat), such as ramen noodles, seasoned salt, individual packets of hot sauce, mustard, relish, and ketchup.
• Quick protein. Energy bars, tuna fish, sardines, non-perishable beefjerky, or beef summer sausage. Make sure the meat is labeled USDA Beef.
• Snacks. Look for small, hard containers of chips, pretzels, and nuts. These are easier to carry than large containers. Avoid bags, which may burst under high pressure. If you do send large bags or containers, include small zipper-lock bags so your service member can pack smaller amounts of snacks to carry. Snack cakes, cheese crackers, and cookies are in high demand. Salty snacks are good for those deployed in the desert, especially in the summer months, because they will encourage your service member to drink more water.
• Candy and gum. Send plenty of extras for your service member to share, especially if he or she comes into contact with children.
Personal care and clothing
Choose small, travel-size containers of personal care products, and avoid aerosol cans. To keep liquids from spilling, cover the opening of the container with plastic wrap, then recap before shipping.
• Toiletries. Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, cotton swabs, shaving lotion, disposable razors, shampoo,
individually packaged tissues.
• Personal care. Individually packaged baby wipes, eye drops, lip balm, lotion, aspirin or other pain reliever, feminine hygiene products for women.
• Foot care. Moleskin, medicated foot powder, athlete’s-foot ointment.
• Disposable hand warmers. Send these during the winter if your service member is in a cold climate.
• Goggle-style sunglasses. Your service member will appreciate these if he or she is deployed in the desert.
• Cotton socks and underwear. Make sure the garments are made of 100 percent cotton rather than a cotton blend.
• Fingerless gloves, stocking caps, long underwear, scarves if the climate is cold.
Entertainment and communication
• Reading material. Paperback books, current magazines, comic books.
• Word games and puzzles. Crossword puzzles, word searches, jigsaw puzzles.
• Games. Foam footballs and basketballs, Frisbees, Hacky Sacks, playing cards, yo-yos.
• Electronics Portable DVD player, CD player, DVDs, CDs, ipods, handheld electronic games.
• Batteries Size AA and D batteries are in high demand If you’re sending a battery-operated device, such as a CD player, remove the batteries so the appliance doesn’t accidentally turn on during shipment.
• Disposable camera.
• Writing material. Notepaper, envelopes, pens, pencils, and stamps.
• Phone cards. Shop around to get the best deal on overseas minutes.
• Money donations: Please make your check out to Enterprise High School (Soldier Care Package-Menu line)
• Monetary donations can be dropped off at the high school office or mailed to
NHS c/o Enterprise High School
PO Box 460
Enterprise, UT 84725
PLEASE HAVE ALL DONATIONS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL BEFORE DECEMBER 1.