Enterprise Lady Wolves Run Out of Steam in Manti Loss 1-10
SPANISH FORK — The Enterprise Lady Wolves finished a dream season and an even better post-season then most of the Enterprise High School Softball teams that have made it to the 2A state playoffs.
Everything has been going right and the competition seems to be very weak this year which has allowed Enterprise to Dominate.
Enterprise beat Rowland Hall-St. Marks in the first round 15-0 and pulled out a solid win against South Sevier 7-6 in the second round. The Wolves crushed last year’s 2A champions South Summit 11-3 and looked ready to face the Manti High team that has also been killing it this year in the post-season beating all their opponents by 10 points or more.
Enterprise saw Manti’s Jayda Shaw nail a home run in the first inning putting the Templars up 3-0. Enterprise added a run of their own in the bottom the first inning but went scoreless the rest of the game. Manti took control in the 5th inning, by adding 3 more runs when freshman Lexie Adler hit a double that cleared the bases giving them the 6-1 lead.
Manti added 4 more runs in the 6th and Enterprise ran couldn’t answer as they ran out of steam and this sent the Wolves to the loser bracket while Manti strolled into the Championship game.
Enterprise needs to beat South Summit again to have a shot at the Templars again. They will need to beat Manti twice on Saturday in order to take the 2A state softball championship away in the double elimination playoffs.
Enterprise Plays South Summit at 10AM. If they advance they place Manti at 12:15 with the final game if needed around 2pm.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor