Enterprise Remains Third in Region 13 After Tough Loss to Beaver
BEAVER, UT – Enterprise has had a magical season at 6-1 going to Beaver for their final home game. New coach Andy Messersmith came to Enterprise to make a difference, and that shows on and off the field. Coach Messersmith said, “I want the best for each of these kids and to teach them more than just football.”
After Enterprise beat South Sevier 28-27 last week, their expectations were high heading to Beaver. Beaver has only one loss to San Juan and is a solid team this year. When Enterprise stepped on the field Beaver had control until the end.
Beaver jumped out early in the first quarter scoring a 5 yard run by Dillon Smith. By the end of the second quarter, Beaver had a 21-0 lead.
The Wolves struggled to find rhythm on offense and defense. They went 4-11 on third down conversions and had 2 turnovers.
Jayson Holt had 55 passing yards and added to the total offense of 153 yards.
The Wolves will need to find a way to get the ball to their playmakers as they head into the postseason against Millard on October 20th in Enterprise at 3pm. Last time the Wolves faced Millard they won 40-7. Millard looked very weak and didn’t come with the large line they normally bring. Millard is 0-9 on the season and should be an easy victory for the Wolves.
Jayson Holt is a talented quarterback with good decision making and is quick on his feet if he can get out of the pocket. Holt has two very talented backs in #26 John Oswald and #33 Caleb Koopmans that can pound the ball through the gaps. The Offensive line will need to give Holt more time to finish the play as he will rely heavy on younger brother #2 Ryan Holt and #51 Jesus Morales.
On the defensive side of the ball, the Wolves will need to create more turnovers to give them a chance at stopping the bigger teams in Postseason play. They also need to strengthen their Secondary. The defensive backs need to make some plays on the ball.
Overall the Wolves are a much different team than last season. They have been coached well and understand their positions and are expected to do well in postseason. They have 4 games left to play. If they win the next three games they will be playing on the SUU football field for the 2A championship game.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor