Fire Restrictions Implemented in Southwest Utah
Due to current wildfire activity, dry conditions, and high fire danger in southwest Utah and northwest Arizona, Color Country Interagency Fire Managers are implementing fire restrictions. The following describes the restrictions to be implemented by each fire management agency in Color Country.
Restricted Lands in Washington, Iron, Beaver, and portions of Mojave Counties: This includes all of Washington County and lands west of Interstate 15 in Iron and Beaver Counties only.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (Trust Lands of the Shivwits, Cedar, Indian Peaks, and Kaibab Band Reservations).
- Bureau of Land Management (Utah/Arizona Strip).
- Dixie National Forest (Pine Valley Ranger District).
- National Park Service (Zion National Park and Pipe Springs National Monument).
- Unincorporated privately owned and all state administered lands (Utah Division of Forestry
Fire and State Lands). Incorporated towns and cities are not included in these restrictions. (Contact your local fire department for municipal restrictions).
The following acts will be prohibited until further notice:
1. Igniting, building, maintaining, or using a fire, including charcoal and briquettes, outside a fire structure that is provided by the agency within a designated area is prohibited. All developed recreation sites, campgrounds, picnic areas, and permanent places of habitation that are
maintained and administered by the agency or home owner, and have a permanent fire structure are allowed. Stoves or grills that are fueled solely by liquid petroleum fuels are also allowed.
- Discharging, or using any kind of fireworks on unincorporated private land (always prohibited on state and federal lands).
- Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order as determined by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practices J335 and J350.
- Detonating of explosives, incendiary or chemical devices, pyrotechnics, or exploding targets, or tracer ammunition (always prohibited on federal land).
- Cutting, welding or grinding of metal in areas of dry vegetation.
- Smoking except in an enclosed vehicle or building, or a developed recreation site or areas of a
minimum of three (3) feet in diameter cleared down to mineral soil.
Lands NOT in Fire Restrictions:
All public, state, and unincorporated privately owned lands east of Interstate 15 in Iron and Beaver Counties are not currently in fire restrictions.
Please Note: Lands not in fire restrictions are becoming increasingly dry and fire danger is increasing daily. In areas where fire restrictions are not in place, please ensure your campfire is completely out before you leave and all ignition sources are a safe distance away from vegetation to mitigate unwanted wildfires. Fireworks are always prohibited on state and federal land.
Fire managers are monitoring conditions daily to re-evaluate the need for further restrictions.
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.utahfireinfo.gov
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor