Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley
PINE VALLEY, UT – Firefighters are working on two separate fires on the Dixie National Forest in the Pine Valley Ranger District. The Grass Valley Fire is approximately 5 miles north of Pine Valley, Utah and the North Fire is approximately 7 miles from Pine Valley, Utah.
The Grass Valley Fire started June 9th and the cause is under investigation. The fire is approximately 13 acres. Fire fighters have been working to establish a line around the fire and there are active hot spots. Firefighters are continuing their mop up efforts. The fire is burning in Pinyon juniper, brush and grasses.
The North Fire also started June 9th and the cause is under investigation. The fire is approximately 492 acres. The fire is most active on the northeast side and has backed toward a rocky cliff. There is a red flag warning for southwest Utah, so we are expecting to see more fire behavior from the North Fire. The fire is burning in timer, brush and grasses.
The 55 personnel on scene including the Cedar City Hotshots, multiple engines, a dozer, smoke jumpers, Type I water tender, air attack, 4 SEAT planes, 1 heavy air tanker, and a Type I and Type III helicopters. An additional Type I water tender has been ordered. The Type 3 Color County Interagency Incident Management Team will take over both fires at the end of the shift tonight.
The incident management team is deploying firefighters where they can work safely and be most effective in suppressing the fire and protecting the community.
Forest Roads #011 and #009 have been closed at this time. Please avoid these areas as fire personnel traffic will be increasing throughout the day.
There are no threatened structures and no evacuation at this time. Concerned residents may sign up for Everbridge to receive notifications from the Washington County Emergency Alert System by http://911register.com/. Those experiencing problems with online registration may call 435-634-5700 for assistance.
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.utahfireinfo.gov.
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban - June 24, 2017
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated - June 18, 2017
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire - June 18, 2017
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses - June 17, 2017
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley - June 10, 2017
- 3 Candidates File For Enterprise Mayor; 3 Candidates for City Council - June 10, 2017
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Used Dragon Cargo Ship in Historic First - June 5, 2017
- Tour New Provo Missionary Training Center Expansion - June 4, 2017
- State High School Rodeo Finals Are In: Miller and Flanigan State Champions - June 4, 2017
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Weekend Hits $100.5M - June 4, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Lost Trap
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley