Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley
PINE VALLEY, UT – Firefighters are working on two separate fires on the Dixie National Forest in the Pine Valley Ranger District. The Grass Valley Fire is approximately 5 miles north of Pine Valley, Utah and the North Fire is approximately 7 miles from Pine Valley, Utah.
The Grass Valley Fire started June 9th and the cause is under investigation. The fire is approximately 13 acres. Fire fighters have been working to establish a line around the fire and there are active hot spots. Firefighters are continuing their mop up efforts. The fire is burning in Pinyon juniper, brush and grasses.
The North Fire also started June 9th and the cause is under investigation. The fire is approximately 492 acres. The fire is most active on the northeast side and has backed toward a rocky cliff. There is a red flag warning for southwest Utah, so we are expecting to see more fire behavior from the North Fire. The fire is burning in timer, brush and grasses.
The 55 personnel on scene including the Cedar City Hotshots, multiple engines, a dozer, smoke jumpers, Type I water tender, air attack, 4 SEAT planes, 1 heavy air tanker, and a Type I and Type III helicopters. An additional Type I water tender has been ordered. The Type 3 Color County Interagency Incident Management Team will take over both fires at the end of the shift tonight.
The incident management team is deploying firefighters where they can work safely and be most effective in suppressing the fire and protecting the community.
Forest Roads #011 and #009 have been closed at this time. Please avoid these areas as fire personnel traffic will be increasing throughout the day.
There are no threatened structures and no evacuation at this time. Concerned residents may sign up for Everbridge to receive notifications from the Washington County Emergency Alert System by http://911register.com/. Those experiencing problems with online registration may call 435-634-5700 for assistance.
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.utahfireinfo.gov.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes.
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit