Miss Greater Salt Lake and Miss Orem Win Preliminary Awards at First Night of 2016 Miss Utah Scholarship Pageant
Photo – Miss Orem, Jesse Craig
Miss Farmington Pageant Awarded Local Miracle Maker Award
SALT LAKE CITY — June 15, 2016 — Miss Greater Salt Lake and Miss Orem received preliminary awards in the Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit and Talent competitions during the first night of The Miss Utah 2016 Scholarship Pageant.
Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit Preliminary Winner
Miss Greater Salt Lake, Natalie Barker was the preliminary Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit winner. She will receive a $100 scholarship for her award. Natalie is a freshman at Salt Lake Community College studying special education. Her platform is titled, “Everyone has a Place.” “I’m so excited, I worked so hard and this was one of my goals this week and I’m so happy that I accomplished it,” said Barker. She continued, “It really came down to clean eating and choosing to eat eggs instead of Eggo waffles.”
Talent Preliminary Winner
Miss Orem, Jesse Craig, was the preliminary Talent winner for her contemporary violin performance “The Flight of the Black-eyed Bee.” She will receive a $100 scholarship for her award. Jesse is a senior at the University of Utah studying English with honors. Her platform is “Building Youths’ SELF Esteems.” “I wanted to play something unique and original so that’s why I mashed ‘Flight of the Bumble Bee’ and The Black Eyed Peas song together… It felt so good because it took a lot of hard work and to finally showcase what I’ve been working so long on felt amazing,” said Craig.
Local Miracle Maker Award
An award was also given to the local pageant that raised the most funds for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals over the past year. The Miss Farmington Pageant was recognized for raising $3700. They received a trophy and 2 tickets to Saturday morning’s farewell breakfast with Miss Utah 2015, Krissia Beatty.
The second night of preliminary competition continues Thursday evening at 7 p.m. at the Capitol Theatre.
The Miss Utah Organization
The Miss Utah Organization is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and affiliate of the Miss America Scholarship Pageant, the world’s largest provider of scholarship assistance for young women and one of the nation’s leading achievement programs. For more information about the Miss Utah Organization, visit www.missutahpageant.com.
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- Fire Restrictions Implemented in Southwest Utah - August 7, 2017
- High school football: Enterprise Wolves 2017 preview - August 6, 2017
- Prepare For The Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - August 6, 2017
- 7th Annual Veyo Rodeo August 4th-5th - July 30, 2017
- Enterprise City Park Community Building Taking Shape - July 30, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award
- Fire Restrictions Implemented in Southwest Utah