National Park Lifetime Pass For Senior Citizens At Just $10. Act Now
For a limited time, senior citizens can get a lifetime National Parks pass for just $10. Time is limited as prices are about to go up from $10-$80.
If you’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident aged 62 or older, this pass gets you free admission into 2,000 federal recreation sites, including all of the National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, and many National Forest lands for life.
The Senior Pass may also offer a discount on some expanded amenity fees, such as camping. Discounts offered by the Pass vary widely across the many different types of recreation sites. Pass owners are encouraged to check with sites they plan to visit before obtaining a pass to verify that their Pass will be accepted. Anytime a Pass is used, photo identification will be requested to verify Pass ownership.
The cost of the senior pass has not been increased since 1994, when it jumped to $10. National Park Service officials are unsure how long it will take to implement the change, but it’s expected before the end of 2017.
The move is intended to improve the visitor experience and provide more opportunities to volunteer in parks across the country.
The Pass may be obtained two ways, either at a Federal recreation site where entrance or standard amenity fees
are charged or through the mail found here >> senior_pass_application. The cost of obtaining a Senior Pass through the mail is twenty dollars ($20). If you apply for a Senior Pass at a Federal recreation site you do NOT need to fill out the application.
National Park free days in 2017:
January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
February 20: Presidents’ Day
April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
August 25: National Park Service Birthday
September 30: National Public Lands Day
November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated - June 18, 2017
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire - June 18, 2017
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses - June 17, 2017
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley - June 10, 2017
- 3 Candidates File For Enterprise Mayor; 3 Candidates for City Council - June 10, 2017
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Used Dragon Cargo Ship in Historic First - June 5, 2017
- Tour New Provo Missionary Training Center Expansion - June 4, 2017
- State High School Rodeo Finals Are In: Miller and Flanigan State Champions - June 4, 2017
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Weekend Hits $100.5M - June 4, 2017
- New St. George Family Search Center Opening - June 4, 2017
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley
- 3 Candidates File For Enterprise Mayor; 3 Candidates for City Council
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Used Dragon Cargo Ship in Historic First