National TV Coverage on FOX Sports Networks Doubles to 28 Hours as Tour of Utah Moves to Primetime
Live Video and Commentary Available for Web and Mobile Devices via Tour Tracker
SALT LAKE CITY (July 29, 2016) – The Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah announced today that broadcast partner FOX Sports Networks (FSN) is increasing its national programming on FS2 to a total of 28 hours with two daily time slots, including a primetime segment, for the professional cycling stage race from on Aug. 1-7.
FSN is doubling its amount of national race coverage from 14 to 28 hours. A one-hour nightly recap show of the seven stages will also selectively air on the regional FOX Sports Networks affiliates (check local listings). Studio announcers will be Steve Brown, Todd Gogulski and former professional cyclist Lucas Euser. Course reports will be provided by Kristen Kenney.
The FS2 broadcast schedule, which includes both live and live-to-tape coverage in high-definition, for the Tour of Utah is:
Additionally, KJZZ 14 Television, an independent broadcast television station which serves households across Utah and parts of five other states, will air a one-hour nightly race recap at 8 p.m. for all seven days of race week. The station will also broadcast a 30-minute Preview Show on July 30.
International broadcast coverage will be provided on networks and fee-based services in 15 countries across five continents. This programming features Cycling Central in Australia, L’Equipe in France, Bike Channel in Italy and four nations of the United Kingdom, and SuperSport in the 48 nations of the Sub-Saharan Africa territory. An additional 900,000 household global subscribers with SNTV will receive news updates about the race.
Live start-to-finish race coverage of the Tour of Utah is available on the award-winning global web and mobile Tour Tracker® platform. The Tour of Utah Tour Tracker® powered by Adobe® will provide live streaming video coverage for cycling fans worldwide. Commentators for this coverage are Frankie Andreu and Tim Johnson, with behind-the-scenes correspondence provided by Chad Andrews. Tour Tracker provides enhanced coverage with GPS race tracking, race analysis, photography, and results for every stage. The apps are available for iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices. The Tour was viewed by more than 150,000 race fans from 139 countries using the Tour Tracker® experience online and with mobile devices last year. Links to the web and mobile apps are available at www.tourofutah.com/race/tourtracker.
Tour Tracker provides enhanced coverage with GPS race tracking, race analysis, photography, and results for every stage. The apps are available for iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices. The Tour was viewed by more than 150,000 race fans from 139 countries using the Tour Tracker® experience online and with mobile devices last year. Links to the web and mobile apps are available at www.tourofutah.com/race/tourtracker.
About the Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah The Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, referred to as “America’s Toughest Stage RaceTM,” is a week-long, professional cycling stage race for the best men’s teams in the world. The 2016 event will be held Aug. 1-7. Now in its 12th year, the event was elevated in 2015 as a 2.HC-rated UCI stage race, making it one of the premier events in North America. The 2016 Tour of Utah will cover 705 miles of racing and 52,825 feet of climbing. The 2015 Tour of Utah men’s champion was Joe Dombrowski (USA) of Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team. The Tour of Utah is owned by Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment. More information about the Tour of Utah, host venues and professional teams can be found by visiting www.tourofutah.com, as well as social channels Facebook (tourofutah), Twitter (tourofutah), Instagram (thetourofutah) and YouTube (tourofutah).
Editor’s Note: All times listed are MDT, and subject to change
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban - June 24, 2017
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated - June 18, 2017
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire - June 18, 2017
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses - June 17, 2017
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley - June 10, 2017
- 3 Candidates File For Enterprise Mayor; 3 Candidates for City Council - June 10, 2017
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Used Dragon Cargo Ship in Historic First - June 5, 2017
- Tour New Provo Missionary Training Center Expansion - June 4, 2017
- State High School Rodeo Finals Are In: Miller and Flanigan State Champions - June 4, 2017
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Weekend Hits $100.5M - June 4, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Lost Trap
- Enterprise City Creates Fireworks Ban
- Brian Head Wildfire Facts: Updated
- Dixie National Forest – Brian Head Fire
- Dixie State University receives USHE grant for Concurrent Enrollment math courses
- Grass Valley Fire/North Fire Outside Pine Valley