NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM’S TRAVELING EXHIBIT COMES TO ENTERPRISE
The Natural History Museum – Traveling Treasures’ exhibit “Poison Photo: NHMU
ENTERPRISE, Utah — A new traveling exhibit, Poison!, from the Natural History Museum of Utah will be on display starting Aprul 7th at the Zions Bank Financial Center on 25 E. Main St. in Enterprise, Utah.
Poison! is a free exhibit located in the bank’s lobby that helps guests discover the unusual characteristics of poisonous plants and animals. Highlights from the exhibit include a live black widow spider for guests to observe in motion, toxic saliva such as snake venom and common garden plants that are surprisingly poisonous. The exhibit will remain in the branch from April 7th- May 4th.
Families, scouts and youth groups can experience the exhibit, along with additional items from the Museum’s collection, at a free Family Field Camp Adventure on this one day event only Thursday, April 7 from 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Visitors will receive a coupon for one free museum admission, enjoy light refreshments and engage in several hands-on activities, including:
- Tour the Exhibit with a Museum Expert
- Talk spiders in a short presentation with NHMU entomologist Christy Bills
- Pan for rocks, minerals, and dollar coins!
- Participate in a live chat with a real paleontologist
- Test your knowledge on earthquakes with our interactive demo
- And much, much more
Poison! is part of the long-standing Traveling Treasures partnership between the Natural History Museum of Utah and Zions Bank. As a statewide resource, the museum extends its reach by sharing collections through Zions Bank’s network of branch offices across Utah.
For a complete schedule and locations or to learn more about Traveling Treasures, visitwww.nhmu.utah.edu/tt.
About The Natural History Museum of Utah
The Natural History Museum of Utah at the University of Utah is one of the leading scientific research and cultural institutions in the Intermountain West. Established in 1963, the Museum cares for over 1.2 million objects and offers innovative exhibitions and educational programs to thousands of residents and visitors each year, including traveling and permanent exhibits, special events and other programs. The Museum has an active research program with more than 30 scientists and 10 field expeditions each year. Current Museum news is available on the Museum’s News Desk at http://newsdesk.nhmu.utah.edu/
About Zions Bank
Zions Bank is Utah’s oldest financial institution and is the only local bank with a statewide distribution of financial centers, operating 100 full-service centers. Zions Bank also operates 25 full-service financial centers in Idaho. In addition to offering a wide range of traditional banking services, Zions Bank is also a leader in small business lending and has ranked as the No. 1 lender of U.S. Small Business Administration 7(a) loans in Utah for the past 21 consecutive years. Founded in 1873, Zions Bank has been serving the communities of Utah for more than 140 years. Additional information is available atwww.zionsbank.com.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor