New St. George Family Search Center Opening
The St George Family Search Center will soon be open in its new location. In addition to research assistance and other services available at the previous library, the new facility is equipped with a Discovery Center.
The new building is located on the NE corner of 6th South and 2nd East, a block from the temple. The public is invited to tour this free facility.
2017 Open House Tour Dates
Thursday, June 22, 1 – 7 pm
Friday, June 23, 10 am – 7 pm
Saturday, June 24, 10 am – 7 pm
The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints broke ground on August 2015 for this 13,500-square-foot building for a first-of-its-kind Church family history library. The church operates 4,800 family history centers worldwide, but this one will combine family-friendly interactive technology with traditional genealogical research.
Dennis Brimhall, CEO of the Church’s FamilySearch International said, “Not only will it be one of our busiest family history centers, but we are building into it a concept that’s a bit different.”
Besides just a genealogy library, the Discovery Center is a place where visitors can learn more about themselves and then extend that out to their ancestors. Brimhall said, “They need to just start a journey of discovery.”
The center includes state of the art technology, including:
• Video recording studio where your family may gather in a living room setting for group interviews, and build memories. The video can be emailed anywhere, connecting families all over the world.
• Large touch screen monitors where guests can dock an iPad and learn where their family came from, exploring photos, stories, and maps.
• Special high-tech camera that will take a photo of you and your group with your choice of backgrounds including LDS temples and many other historical sights, and be emailed.
• Green screen where guests try on any period clothing virtually to see what they would look like dressed as an ancestor would have dressed.
• Moms and tots area where groups of moms can come to use the computers as their kids play in a fun area just for them.
• Scanning center where your pictures and documents can be scanned quickly, and then copied to flash drives and/or emailed.
• Research rooms where families can discover together their history.
Family Search Center opens on Monday, June 26th. Family search missionaries will be on hand to help you discover research techniques at one of the many touch screen computers.
Contact details: (435) 673-4591
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor