Pine Valley Fire Containment Now at 21 Percent
PINE VALLEY, Utah – The Saddle Fire remains at 1,540 acres. Firefighters are making excellent progress on all sections of the fire and the containment is now 21 percent.
Crews continue to use ground and aerial ignition operations as well as direct and indirect line construction. These operations are removing fuels from the path of the fire in order to prevent the fire from spreading east toward the Pine Valley Recreation Area and south toward the Dammeron Valley area, while still providing protection to the Pine Valley community.
The fire control strategy in Forsyth Canyon includes indirect firing operations using constructed fire lines and natural barriers in the canyon and on the main ridge as well as utilizing a 2005 fire scar to the south.
There are 711 personnel, along with engines, heavy equipment, and aircraft helping to suppress the fire. Besides direct attack, day crews improved indirect lines while night crews conducted area patrols and as needed assisted in firing operations.
The fire remains most active in the Lloyd and Forsyth canyons. Voluntary evacuations remain in place for Pine Valley, and the road into Pine Valley is only open to property owners.
The Pine Valley Recreation Area in the Dixie National Forest remains under an indefinite area closure to all uses until the order is rescinded. Those wanting more information about the area closure should contact the Dixie National Forest or view the following link:http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/4794/31098/.
The Saddle Fire began June 13 with a lighting strike on Saddle Mountain in the Pine Valley Mountain Wilderness of the Dixie National Forest. The fire started approximately 2.5 miles south west of Pine Valley, Utah.
Photos by April Terry
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor