Roland Leon Bowler
Roland Leon Bowler passed away peacefully in his home on July 1, 2017, surrounded by his family.
Leon was born on October 25, 1931 at the home of his grandmother in Enterprise, Utah. He was the first child born to Roland Holt and Sarah Verona Terry Bowler. He lived in Gunlock until the age of 4. The family then moved to the Ivins Ranch (northeast of Enterprise). He had many fond memories of these places that he loved to share with others. The family settled in Enterprise where he lived for the rest of his life.
Leon went to his senior year of high school in St. George and graduated in March of 1949. April 1, 1949 he married his sweetheart, Pauline Truman in the St. George LDS temple. They were blessed with 3 children: Roland, Bradley, and Melanie.
Leon was a hard worker all of his life. He started working in the power industry with his father at the age of 12. Leon’s father died when he was 14 and it became his job to be the man of the house. He continued to work in the power industry and this became his lifelong career. Leon was on the board of directors for many power projects. He served as the General Manager of Dixie Escalante Electric Association for 55 years. Besides Leon’s full-time job, he also had a farm and cattle operation.
He served faithfully in many different church callings including Elders Quorum President, Bishopric, High Council and many others. But his favorite calling of all was primary teacher.
Leon had a tender heart and a generous spirit. He always wanted to help those in need. Throughout his life many people have been recipients of his generosity.
Family was very important to Leon. He enjoyed reading family histories and could tell anyone about their family tree.
Leon is survived by his wife Pauline; his children Roland (Mary), Bradley (Janet), and Melanie (Mark) Slack; his siblings Frances, Vicki and Lonnie; 11 grandchildren and 34 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his mother Verona, father Roland, step-father Caine Christensen, brothers Doug and Sheldon, and grandson Garrett Slack.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, July 8th at 12:00 noon at the Enterprise Stake Center (80 South Center Street). There will be a viewing Friday July 7th from 5:00 – 7:00 at the Spilsbury Mortuary in St. George (110 S Bluff Street). There will also be a viewing prior to the funeral on Saturday from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Interment will take place in the Enterprise Cemetery.
- Southern Utah Write Out Camp Helps Develop Personal Connections - July 15, 2017
- Incredibles 2 Finally Hits Theaters on June 15, 2018 - July 14, 2017
- Las Vegas Parking Charges Continue to Change - July 14, 2017
- Ellis Shadrach Barlow - July 11, 2017
- J Stanford Staheli - July 10, 2017
- Tesla Releases Model 3 Images Early - July 10, 2017
- Spider-man: Homecoming Tops Box Office - July 9, 2017
- Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom Finished Filming - July 9, 2017
- YouCaring Donation Set for Barlow Family - July 9, 2017
- Enterprise Students Bring Medals Home From FCCLA Nationals - July 9, 2017
- Southern Utah Write Out Camp Helps Develop Personal Connections
- Incredibles 2 Finally Hits Theaters on June 15, 2018
- Las Vegas Parking Charges Continue to Change
- Ellis Shadrach Barlow
- J Stanford Staheli
- Tesla Releases Model 3 Images Early