Saddle Fire Community Meeting
The four objectives to the meeting:
1- Utilize risk management to mitigate hazards to provide for firefighter and public safety.
2- Protect community and forest values by utilizing suppression strategies where firefighters can function most safely and effectively.
3- Provide timely and accurate information to the public, landowners and agencies.
4- Protect culturally sensitive areas and resources on National Forest lands from activities which are ground disturbing and from human caused effects.
The fire is at 1,640 acres with the containment at 42 percent. The fire remains most active in the Lloyd and Forsyth canyons. Crews continue to use direct and indirect line construction around the perimeter of the fire where appropriate. These operations remove fuels from the path of the fire to prevent the fire from spreading east toward the Pine Valley Recreation Area and south toward the Dammeron Valley area. Crews are also mopping up in some areas of the fire to secure firelines.
When conditions are right and fuels have dried out, firing operations are planned in Forsyth Canyon. Crews will use control lines and natural barriers on the main ridge and also utilize a 2005 fire scar to the south to box in the fire.
Community Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, July 5th
Introductions: Brian Reublinger – P102 Trainee
Current Fire Update: Ryan Riddle – Operations Trainee
Fire Weather: Jeff Colton – Incident Meteorologist
Saddle Fire Outlook & Future Strategy: Clair Jolly – Operations
Pine Valley Fires: Past, Present, and Future
Bill Hahnenberg – Saddle Fire and NIMO Team Incident Commander
Color Country – Peterson, I.M.T. Type 3
Incident Commander Shawn Peterson and Incident
Commander Trainee Nick Howell
State of Utah (DNR Representative): Adam Heyder
Pine Valley Fire Chief Gerald Schiefer
Dixie National Forest: Pine Valley District Ranger Joe Rechsteiner
For more information on fires in Utah visit www.utahfireinfo.gov
Photos by April Terry of Enterprise EMS
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor