Saddle Fire in Pine Valley at 84 Percent Contained
Saddle Fire Facts Fire Size: 2,299 acres Percent Contained: 84 percent contained. Evacuations: Voluntary evacuations were lifted July 12, 2016.
Closures: Forsyth Trail, Goat Springs Trail #31016, Road #2113, Road #2114, Road #3396, and Road #565.
Structures Threatened: Uncontained fire line remains in Lloyd Canyon. The threat to 54 structures is continually being assessed. No structures have been destroyed.
Drone Intrusions: 5 violations of the Temporary Flight Restriction by Unmanned Aircraft Systems have occurred. ***Air operations are grounded each time a drone is sighted for safety reasons.***
Fuels/Terrain: Heavy dead and downed timber and brush, surrounded by steep, rugged and rocky terrain continue present access challenges.
Conditions: Containment of the fire is continuing to hold and interior smoke can be seen. Moderate fire behavior with isolated/group torching, backing on steep slopes, and creeping. Crews continue holding and improving control lines. Mop-up, patrol, and monitoring continue on the fire. A return of active fire behavior is possible in unburned areas inside control lines.Smoke impacts display overall good clearing of smoke from the valley.
Fire Resources Assigned: Total 62 personnel assigned, includes 1 Type-I interagency hotshot crews, 1 Type-II hand crews, 1 Type-III helicopter, 2 engines.
Air Operations: As of July 11, 2016, 489,747 gallons of water and 391,935 gallons of retardant have been used by aerial resources for suppression efforts.
Injuries: 9 minor injuries are reported to date.
Incident Management: Ty Hansen, Incident Commander and Derek Domis, Incident Commander Trainee, of the Type 4 Incident Management Team is currently managing the incident. The transition from the Type 3 team to the local unit occurred the morning of Saturday, July 16, 2016.
Cause: Lightning caused on June 13, 2016, approximately 2 miles south of the town of Pine Valley, in the Pine Valley Mountain Wilderness of the Pine Valley Ranger District on the Dixie National Forest.
Photo by CR Thelin
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor