South Central Public Notice
Public Notice of Basic Telephone Service
South Central Communications is designated as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier by meeting the guidelines of the Federal Communications Commission and the Utah Public Service Commission. South Central Communications has offered quality and reliable telephone service for over 60 years. We understand basic service is a fundamental aspect of everyday life.
Basic service from South Central Communications includes:
- Single party residential service with “unlimited” local usage
- Single party business service with “unlimited” local usage
- Single party Lifeline Service* (Lifeline is a government supported telephone assistance program.)
- Touch tone capability
- Voice grade access to the public switched network
- Access to emergency services (including enhanced 911)
- Access to operator services, interexchange carriers and directory assistance
- One complimentary directory listing
- Complimentary white pages telephone directory
South Central Communications is proud to offer basic service to all members in our serving territory. The rate for residential basic service is $18.00 monthly and our rate for business basic service is $26.00 monthly. Low income individuals may be eligible for Lifeline telephone assistance, which provides discounts from these basic rates. Lifeline members also have toll blocking availability, which lets customers block outgoing long distance calls free of charge.
In addition to the above monthly rates, a $6.50 Federal Subscriber Line Charge applies to business and residential single party lines and $9.20 for a business with more than one line. An Access Recovery Charge of $3.00 applies to business and residential single party lines and $3.00 for a business with more than one line. For Lifeline members, the $6.50 charge is paid entirely by the federal Universal Service Fund. The service is not transferable, only eligible customers may enroll in the program, and proof of eligibility may be necessary for enrollment. The program is limited to one discount per household, applied towards either wireline, internet or wireless service.
To find out more about the Lifeline program please visit www.lifelinesupport.org. You may also contact the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322.
If you have any questions, or would like to become a customer of South Central Communications, please contact us at 435-826-4211, online at www.socen.com
*Additional charges may apply for any incurred toll calls or ancillary services.
- South Central Public Notice - December 6, 2017
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day - November 13, 2017
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans - November 12, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day - September 24, 2017
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk - September 3, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Lost Trap - June 25, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Gone Fishin’ - April 30, 2017
- Enterprise Stories-Snow Much Fun - January 29, 2017
- Enterprise Stories – Our Vietnam Veterans - November 11, 2016
- Leeds/Silver Reef Home Tours 2016 - November 2, 2016
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor