SUU is “Best in the West” According to Princeton Review
CEDAR CITY, Utah — Southern Utah University has once again been recognized by the Princeton Review as one of the top regional schools in the country.
With this recognition, SUU has now been included on the “Best of the West” listing for 11 years. This is a national and prestigious ranking that has become an annual tradition for the University.
Every year the Princeton Review releases a list of schools and features them in the Best Colleges: Region by Region. The schools are divided into one of four regions: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, and West. The list is not ranked in order, but is featured alphabetically, starting with featured schools.
The lists are created after reviewing scores of student surveys, conducting campus visits, collecting institutional data from across the nation, and talking to high school-based college advisors about their top recommendations.
SUU students surveyed by the Princeton Review described their experience as “a whole lot of fun” and “a whole lot of work”, with the core of that SUU experience being professors and advisors who are willing to devote extra time and attention to help students succeed in the classroom while also identifying enriching extracurricular pursuits.
“Our goal is to continue elevating the quality of our academic experience,” said Brad Cook, Provost of Southern Utah University. “Also to showcase our acute sensitivity to value.”
Of the 649 schools in the regional rankings, 126 of those schools are featured on the Western rankings. Those schools were from a variety of states, ranging from Alaska to Oklahoma. Southern Utah University was one of six schools from Utah that was included on the list.
The Princeton Review (www.princetonreview.com) is a New York-based company known for its test preparation courses, books, and college admission and other education services. It is not affiliated with Princeton University and it is not a magazine.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor