SUU Mourns the Loss of Former President Gerald R. Sherratt
It is with deep sadness that Southern Utah University shares the news that former President Gerald R. Sherratt passed away today in Orem, Utah due to health complications.
“He was the greatest promoter the University ever had,” said current SUU President, Scott L Wyatt. “His mark is everywhere on campus, the city and the state.”
As a Cedar City native, and graduate of the Branch Agricultural College in 1951, Sherratt’s homecoming in 1982 to serve as the 13th president of then Southern Utah State College (SUSC) was greeted with enthusiasm and excitement. Sherratt served as president until 1997 and was an influential leader, visionary, and advocate for the school.
President Sherratt made a deep and lasting impact on everyone he met. He will be greatly missed. His funeral services will be held in Cedar City. Details to follow.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor