Top Tips to Get Organized in 2016
2016 is the year to get organized and we have 5 tips for helping you get the most out of your new goal. The first step to getting organized is to set specific goals and write down exactly want you want for your end result. This is a new year year and you have a clear calendar and a fresh start. Take it simple and take it one day at a time.
The most effective way to do this is right after the Holidays. For every new item you get, say goodbye to three-five old things. One of the things we do with our kids, is every 6 months we have them go through their toys and talk them about donating old toys to other kids who don’t have the same. They get rid of old toys and feel good about it, and they learn how important it is to give to others.
2- Mini Goals
Set small achievable goals that won’t overwhelm you. Start with a closet or a small room and move along your list. Don’t try to tackle your entire home at one time or you will never feel like doing anything. You can even try to organize a smaller area like a desk or filing cabinet to get started. Just set realistic goals that are obtainable.
3- Label and store
Take time when you put away holiday items to label what is in each box. Labeling is the best way to help you know what you have and where it belongs. If you find your self just adding boxes of things in your garage or storage room, then you need to rethink how you store. You need to work on having a place for everything.
4- Eliminate Paper Piles
Papers are piling up in drawers, on your desk, or in random places with receipts, paid bills, manuals, etc. The best way to eliminate the papers are to add these to your computer. Scan papers, take photos with your smart phone scanning apps, or simply toss away papers you don’t need. If you don’t have access to a scanner or smartphone then organize papers you still need in files and label.
5- Set Rewards
If you set awards for each major task you complete then you are much more motivated to continue with your organizing goals. If you clean and organize a room and can get rid of items then reward yourself with new items to display on the shelves or new furniture.
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor