World Diabetes Day
World Diabetes Day began in 1991 as a global awareness campaign focusing on the rapid rise of diabetes around the world. This day has been celebrated in more than 160 countries and territories.
This day is dedicated to get people informed and save a life. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), 415 million adults were living with diabetes in 2015 and this number is expected to increase to around 642 million or one in ten adults by 2040. In many countries, diabetes is a leading cause of blindness, cardiovascular disease, kidney failure and lower-limb amputation.
One in two adults with diabetes is undiagnosed. That means many people live with type 2 diabetes for a long period of time without being aware of their condition. By the time of diagnosis, diabetes complications may already be present.
Up to 70% of type 2 diabetes cases can be prevented or delayed by adopting healthier lifestyles. With increasing levels of poor nutrition and physical inactivity among children in many countries, type 2 diabetes in childhood has the potential to become a global public health issue leading to serious health outcomes.
More of us will develop and live with type 1 diabetes. Screening for diabetes complications is an important part of effective management of the disease, to ensure optimal health. Early detection and timely treatment of diabetic retinopathy can prevent vision loss and reduce the impact of diabetes on individuals, their carers and society.
The American Diabetes Associates also offers testing that helps you understand diabetes and how to maintain a better healthy lifestyle. Begin the Process HERE
Photo from IDF
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor - August 28, 2017
- 27th Annual Enterprise Cornfest Brings in the Crowds - August 28, 2017
- Dixie State University’s Community, Continuing Education programs offering fall classes. - August 27, 2017
- Elon Musk Revealed the First SpaceX Spacesuit - August 27, 2017
- Amazon: Starting Monday, Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices - August 25, 2017
- Three-way Race for Mayor of Enterprise - August 14, 2017
- Enterprise Library Now Hiring - August 13, 2017
- Digital Mammography Unit Coming to Enterprise Clinic - August 13, 2017
- Dixie State University awards building of Human Performance Center to Layton Construction - August 12, 2017
- Enterprise High School Receives National Athletic Trainers’ Association Safe Sports School Award - August 12, 2017
- South Central Public Notice
- Enterprise High School FFA Hosts AG Day
- Enterprise Stories-Our Persian Gulf Veterans
- Enterprise Stories – School in Grandpa’s Day
- Enterprise Stories-Treasure in the Steamer Trunk
- Floyd Mayweather improved to 50-0 with a 10th-round TKO Over Conor McGregor